– Property must be owner’s primary residence; provide copy of deed and driver’s license (or other ID indicating primary residence).
– Property must be a one or two family residential building.
– The septic system must have been constructed on or before November 2, 1995.
– There is no a Hardship Criteria for the Boyd Corners Basin (i.e., no maximum or minimum income to qualify for grant).
– Septic system must be determined to be in failure or reasonably likely to fail. Do you have an open Notice of Violation from the County Health Department or NYCDEP? Also acceptable would be an inspection report from a licensed septic contractor.
If you know anyone in the area who might need septic tank repair, they can contact the program with their address to confirm that their property is within the target area as a first step.