The bylaws of the lake say, “light pollution is to be avoided so as not to diminish others’ enjoyment of the nighttime serenity of the lake”. But more than a rule, it is neighborly to recognize and limit how lighting, inside and outside your house, may affect others. Another concern is noise pollution. Consider the following:
- Music and noise should be minimized, especially at night, so as to not disturb your neighbors.
- Radios, CD players, and music should be audible only to you.
- Voices carry! Remember that the joyful noise produced by party guests or children playing can easily rise beyond an acceptable level and become disturbing to your neighbors. Please be considerate and ask your guests to be considerate.
- Snowmobiles, motorcycles and all-terrain vehicles are disturbing when used
- on the road near the lake.
- Chain saws, lawn mowers and other power equipment should not be used before 10 a.m. on weekends.